Vegetarian Lasagne à la Mamyne
My mother in law loves cooking! She says it relaxes her. Chopping and stirring is her way of meditating. Yesterday we made a vegetarian lasagne and we want to share the recipe with you. It is very simple and very healthy!
Here is what you need:
- 1 big onion
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 branches of Celery
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- Tomato sauce (make sure you use one without added sugar or make your own)
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- As lasagne plates we used eggplant slices. We used frozen already pre-made ones, but you can totally make your own. Just slice the eggplant, add seasoning and oil, put in oven at 180 degrees for about 15 min., depending on your oven.
- Mozzarella 500 g
- Cut the onion, carrots, red pepper, zucchinis and celery into very very small cubes. They have to be so small that children wont notice them.
- Add Olive oil, a pinch of salt and the onions into a pot and let them melt for 5 min.
- Add the carrots and thyme, let simmer for 5-10 min.
- Then add the garlic, red pepper, zucchini, celery and tomato sauce (we used a pre-made sauce but you can easily make your own, I love Jamie Oliver’s tomato sauce).
- Stir over low heat for 15-20 min. Add ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Slice the mozzarella and you are ready to assemble the lasagne.
- Put a little oil in the bottom of the oven dish and add a layer of eggplant, then a layer of cheese and a layer of sauce. Continue until the dish is full. Finish with cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Place dish in oven for 20 min or until cheese is nicely melted and has this beautiful brownish colour.
Voilà! Et Bon appétit!