Do you trust the Universe?
Back packers everywhere! Have you noticed? Students are finishing school and starting new adventures! Isn’t it exciting?
In times like these I always think back to when I finished school. So young and so immature! It was a scary time, but also an exciting time! It has been 17 years!
So many things have happened since for which I am truly grateful. But at the same time I also still live with a lot of regret. Things I would have liked to do but didn’t. Maybe out of fear or self-doubt?
Take education for instance. I was quite confused and I felt rushed. I felt I had to hurry to make a decision. I felt the world was moving so fast I couldn’t keep up!
Do you know that feeling?
It was like walking around a fun-fair, like the schueberfouer, where everything is loud and spinning, becoming dizzy and twirling until you eventually fall over.
I changed university 3 times before sticking to the last one. I first studied to become a nurse, then biochemistry and then finally biotechnology engineering where I got my degree. In Denmark you are only allowed to change 3 times, and had I been allowed to change again, I would have. I don’t know to what, but I wasn’t truly happy. I made the most of it and learned a lot but I never found my niche.
I believe that if I had given myself enough time to figure things out, then I would have found the thing I was meant to become. Maybe a teacher or a fitness instructor!
I am tired though of living with this regret, so I will now let it go!
I am where I am supposed to be in life. I can’t change the past, and I don’t know what will happen in the future, but what I can do something about is the present.
I believe that if you are present in the present and follow your inner voice or gut feeling or whatever you want to call it, then you cannot go wrong and life will show you where you are supposed to go. Just trust in the Universe and live without regret!
I think we could all use a little more self-trust, and learn how to listen to our inner voice. He or she, I am sure, has a lot of wisdom and a lot to say! We just need to listen!
So here are 5 steps to take to begin listening to your inner voice or gut feeling:
- Breath! Sit up tall, feet on the floor, close your eyes and focus on your breath! Take 5 deep breathes. Expand your belly on the inhale and contract it on the exhale! This will calm you down and get you more grounded. Best conditions for you to listen more carefully!
- Schedule quiet time every day! Even if it’s only 5 minutes where you do nothing! No phone, no computer, no music. Nothing. Disconnect from the world! Wait… what is that I hear? Is that you, inner voice?
- Stop controlling your thoughts. Let them flow. It is your mind and you don’t have to share it with anyone! Ignore limiting thoughts and just go with the flow!
- Accept what comes up! Even if it sounds completely ridicules! (any one of my teachers would laugh at me if I had told them I wanted to become a writer, and look at me now blogging away!) TRUST!
- Finally, be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day and you getting back to nature and listening to your inner true being won’t either. Practice, practice, practice. Enjoy the calm and quiet, and trust yourself!